Melissa Ianetta and Joseph Turner from University of Delaware presented “Strategic Collaboration Across Disciplinary and Institutional Cultures: Coalition Building, Strategic Instruction, and Grantsmanship”
Some key points in getting grants:
- Focus on networking for grantwriting (other departments/grant support/)
- Meet other people and think strategically about how to collaborate
- Grant-writing involves good writing! Something we are good at!
- Grants don’t want to fund what you’re already doing, but what’s new.
- How can you tweak your work to benefit other institutions?
Ianetta and Turner also presented on recent grant at the University of Delaware which funds a curriculum based in a strategy-based instructional pedagogy.
Ianetta: What other world would you want to conquer than one that values good writing and has money?